Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Welcome to Holy Cross College of Nursing

 

" The need of the time is the will of God. " Father Theodosius Florentini (1808 - 1865), who was determined to fight the anti-religious rationalism and radical liberalism by education of youth in faith and morals with a special emphasis on women. He upheld the Christian principles in educational system. The congregation of the “Teaching sisters” of the Holy Cross was found in the year 1844 in order to achieve women’s education. Mother Bernarda Heimgartner (1822-1863) was the Co-foundress.



The sisters came to India in 1906 to serve the government hospitals by the invitation of the Maha Raja of Travancore, Sree Moolam Thirunnal, through the patronage of His happy memory of Bishop Aloysius Maria Benziger, the Bishop of Kollam.